This year I got to go to Art Specially again. It’s thé craft fair that focusses on stamps, ink and of course, art journaling. I really like the atmosphere there. You get to see eyecandy everywhere you look. And this year there where plenty of releases on the CHA that tickled my fancy.
A little review of my purchases:
- I found Gold Gesso! Eureka 🙂 Klimt-esque works, here I come
- The mixed media journal by Dina Wakely, oh my, such luscious papers and tissues
- Stencils by Marlene Meijer-Van Niekerk, who I got to meet! I had a hard time choosing witch one to take. I still want to buy the positivity one, I didn’t find that one at the show.
- Some Distress Oxides, such amazing inks
- Baggies to put in my heaps of stamps by Avery Elle
- the craft spinner extensions: since I have the distress oxides now, I bought new blending tools too, so I needed new storage too. Really needed… 😉
- Pretty stamps by Penny Black, I hope to do all those pretty layers stamping techniques, once the Stamping Platform hits the market. Really waiting for that one.
- And as last purchase: Badass stamps by Art Chicks. I adore those quircky and a bit sarcastic remarks. Great for my journal! I got a subscription on their stamps, it starts in June. Really looking forward to that. A surprise in the mailbox every month.
I was really good and stayed on my ‘wish list’ en within my budget.
But the main ingredient for Art Specially, if you ask me. Is the artsy vibe EVERYWHERE. Every store or brand has make and takes, there are product spotlights with group sessions, and workshops (FREE) scattered around in the hall. This is so unique in my opinion, and the goodie bag is quite nice too.
I’ll show you some pictures of stuff that caught our eye, and some workshop samples.
Yeah, that’s me in the mix, doing this great Inktense watercolour technique. Look at that little birdie. We got to keep the stamp too! I would love to do this technique in the retirement home where I work. It is fail-proof really, and I think we could achieve a similar look with regular watercolors… I got to play with Fresco Finish Acrylic Paints by PaperArtsy. I know they are not new or anything, but I never got to try them out.
For me ‘the one to watch’ at the show was Jolande from Just Jolande. She has an exciting new brand in store: Cadence. It is Turkish and has the same products we see for big brands like Prima, but cheaper. She has her own line of stamps too. Check out her website. I’ll show you some pictures of her booth at the show. I loved those art pieces!
Thanks to Greet for helping me with the pictures!
And as a last picture, I wanted to show you my basket:
I don’t know why, but I’m on a buying spree this year. Normally I would put every article in its place. Inks with inks, paints with paints, mediums with mediums, you get the idea. But I want to keep track of my stuff, and use all those new goodies to the max. I don’t have a lot of time to create nowadays, and I want to use it efficiently.
Thanks for stopping by! Hope you had a nice Easter weekend 🙂