Today I want to share with you how I feel about borders…
This page was generated by the Art to the Fifth challenge on the Documented Life Project. In the ‘making your mark’ theme this week we had to work on our borders. During this week I felt a big huge lump of friendship coming through the internet… Let’s say ‘the final frontier’ 😉 And that is where the idea for this page originated.
Let’s hear Madonna sing shall we, for old times sake!
So, I took my own version of the prompt and took another part of the lyrics. This is one of my favorite Madonna songs by the way, but I’m an eighties girl: I have many favorites..
This is how I went about making this page:
- I covered the background with Tim Holtz tissue paper using ‘ranger glue and seal’
- created a background with Distress paints in cool colors
- I made a second background on a second piece of paper with the same colors set it aside and then put texture paste through a stencil.
- cut houses out of already made Gelli prints
- traced the globe and cut it out, created a backdrop with yellow pitt pen
- die cut the heart out of gelli printed paper
- drew out the border, filled it in with black gesso
- doodled the border with a uniball signo broad white pen
- glued everything together and drew out the important words of the title.
I like the fun feel of the page, and it reminds me of the warm feeling of friendship i get to feel ever since 😉