Today I want to share with you my second week in DLP.
I saw this tutorial by Shari Caroll on youtube and I really liked the color combo she had going. I used this inspiration for my spread in the second week of this year. Next to DLP, I was following the challenges on ‘Journal Journey’ a facebook group based in Australia that I have since lost track of. One of the first techniques they challenged you to use, was resist. I love resist techniques, I used them for cards and mini-books a great deal, especially with my Distress inks. So I wanted to put everything together in these pages. It didn’t really work out as I hoped, my dylusions where so much stronger and more intense then what I saw on Shari’s video. And at the same time, the flower that I heat embossed with UTEE didn’t stand out enough. So enter the distress ink!
I talked about Paperartsy in my post about the Art Specially event. Well, I used a technique they showcased in this video to paint in the girl. She is a Prima stamp by Jamie Dougherty. I bought her in Paris, so she is really classy 😉 After I painted the strawberry in her hair red, the color really jumped off the page. So much it didn’t fit in with the rest of my forrest-like scenery. So I pulled out the Heidi Swapp colorshine spray for some droplets and… My trusted washi tape. I found that it is best to glue in your washi, with gel medium or something… It cuts loose from the bumpy background.
The titel is stamped with a Stampin Up alphabet on vellum, red highlights added with a SU marker.
Those colors seem so wintery now, but that’s normal seeing I made the page in January. Now go enjoy the spring colors outside! Bye bye x.